Tuesday, July 23, 2013

PROJECT MC22

Project MC22 begins this winter!

Due to the cold weather and rain I have stored the precious little beast in the corner. I see her every morning and every evening after coming back home from work. She looked a little...... tired? old? I wasn't too sure but she didn't look right to me. So i have decided I am going to tidy her up, make her look fresh 'n' clean and give her back her glory like she deserves.

First let me introduce you to her!





 October 2011, found a nice cbr250rr on bikesales.com.au from a dealer in Queensland. Rang them up as soon as i saw the add and inquired. Before you know it deposit was paid and I was patiently waiting for the beast to be delivered to my door. The above photos are the actual pictures from the advertisement. She looked a bit rusty and old and well worn. The odometer reading was only about 26454kms or something like that. Now im not that stupid, this bike has either had its clocks wound back or has done more than 100 thousand ks and the odometer clock has just reset. None the less there was something about her that just made me want her.

It was not until late November or early December when the bike arrived on my doorstep. Yes that's correct, due to the dealer being in Queensland and me in South Australia i got it shipped. All shipping fees and handling were paid by the dealer. All I had to pay was a little sum of $2750 and she was mine.
To my surprise she arrived clean 'n' fresh with new rear disc and pads and brand new Bridgestone BT45 tyres front and rear. Due to Vic laws i guess bike couldn't be sold by dealer unless it was roadworthy? who knows i saw it as a win for me.



 Above photos are the 2 beasts the day they arrived, the black and yellow is my brothers which he purchased from Vic and funny enough it arrived on the same day. Funny story my dad was home at the time. He saw my brother come home from work then leave home for work again. He was wondering why did he come and go so quick? He then walked outside and saw a motorcycle sitting in the back yard. OK he thought, so he bought a bike. HEHEHEHE about 10:30am that same morning I arrived home also. In the door and a quick hello dad and back out. The poor old man didn't think to much and just smiled. He then went outside again to have his afternoon smoko and what do u know another friggin bike in the back yard. What's going on today he must have been thinking. HEHEHE

No comments:

Post a Comment