Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Beggining


It wasn't until January 2012 when my brother and I decided to go for our Learner permits to ride motorcycles. But sure enough after we got them we had that itch to go for a ride. To the beaches and around the streets we rode. Getting accustomed to riding the little cibbies.

It wasn't smooth sailing after receiving the bike. She wouldn't run properly and spluttered, I was starting to get worried that I had bought a dud. On the forums I went and researched I did. I checked the plugs, they were new but fouled pretty bad from not running right. Oil was fresh and coolant levels fine I was really getting worried at this point. I replaced the plugs 2 times and got her running finally. She ran and idled nicely and purred like the pretty thing she was. Of to service SA to get a permit to ride on the road to get an interstate inspection done and registered with new plates.



My bad luck continued unfortunately. I noticed whilst riding her to the inspection place that she was not responsive and didn't pick up until about 10k rpm. I made it about 15kms out from home and then she bogged up on the overpass. I then had to push her up the bridge, across the medium strip and roll her back to the servo on the other side. After trying to fire her up again i gave up and the tow truck was called and on their way. I took her to a reputable garage and 200 or so dollars later she was perfect again. The mechanics found the plug leads around the wrong way. Being a Motor mechanic myself I knew it wasn't me who put them on wrong because the plugs were done 1 by 1 so I couldn't mix up the plug leads and second of all she never ran right from the day I got her.

Any whos another permit and few dollars more later I finally got her registered and running like a dream. All the headaches made up for the amazing first rides I had. What a great learner bike, 4 cylinder 250cc of pure japanese engineering. You cant buy a current 250cc production bike built like these mc22 were built. Yeah sure they might be more modern and look cooler but i doubt they'll leave a smile on your face like these pocket rockets do.


No comments:

Post a Comment